Transforming merchandise to media
The client’s challenge
An international casual fashion/activewear label faced a twofold challenge:
- Maintain a national media presence with a reduced budget
- Avoid liquidation losses on excess inventory
The Active International answer
Active paid a premium versus liquidation value for the client’s excess inventory. Working closely with the client’s national sales team, we resold the excess inventory in a way that would not disrupt their primary distribution channels or damage the brand.
- Bottom-line savings: Through barter, the client realized immediate cash-flow savings.
- Media savings: By applying the trade credits from the transaction toward its magazine advertising, the client significantly reduced its cash media expenditure.
- The start of something big: The client worked with Active to develop a turnkey trade program that would simultaneously address future inventory challenges and media budget challenges.
Unseasonal Success for Summer Swimwear
As summer ended, a famous menswear design label found itself with an inventory of unsold swimwear.
An ongoing relationship brings ongoing advantages
A maker of four internationally respected menswear brands faced the challenge of excess inventory as fashion seasons changed.